Adding Measurable Value to Advisory Board Meetings
Objective: Conducting Advisory Boards is a large investment of time and money. Currently, 79% of all Advisory Boards continue to be conducted face-to-face (F2F).Tools to enhance and measure the success of Advisory Boards remain akey objective amongst biopharma organizations.
Challenge: A solutions provider supported the efforts of a large pharmaceutical company to enhance the productivity of a planned F2F Advisory Board meeting.
Solution: The solution provider conceived and developed a virtual work environment for Advisor preparation, engagement, and group research. The online platform concept to acquire stakeholder knowledge and insight became a cost-effective Advisor participation measurement tool pre-and post-the F2F meeting.
The closed loop portal overcame some of the challenges faced by the Medical Affairs department as they prepared for the
Advisory Board meeting including:
• Enhancing Advisor participation
• Cost-effectively expanding engagement opportunities
• Ensuring proper preparation of Advisors and stimulating discussion
• Measuring the knowledge base in aggregate and individually
• Productively collecting and sharing information
• Enabling Advisor interaction on their own schedules
• Facilitating continuity from one meeting to the next